- 4-6 matzohs
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 10oz bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of Maple almond butter
1 cup almonds, crushed (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up! Otherwise the caramel might make you want to throw the pan away!
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a sauce pan over medium high heat, cook the coconut oil , sugar and the maple almond butter for about 3 to 5 minutes, whisking constantly until it starts to bubble.
- Arrange the Matzohs on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Pour and spread the caramel evenly over the matzohs ad more almond butter and the chocolate .
- Let the chocolate sit for 5 minutes and then spread evenly over the matzohs using a spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed almonds if desired.
- Allow to cool to room temperature until set, or put in refrigerator for faster setting time.
- Break into strips or bite sized pieces and store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- ENJOY your caramel treats!
View this post on Instagram